This article will show you how to create a new feature flag from the Hackle dashboard.
Feature flags can be created in both production and development environments.
Feature flags generated in the production environment are simultaneously generated in the development environment, and vice versa.
Copy and use existing feature flags.
If the settings and configuration of your new feature flag are the same as or similar to the feature flag previously created, you can easily duplicate the existing feature flag.
The feature flag menu has the following characteristics.
- By default, you can see a list of feature flags currently in use.
- The list of the production environment and development environment is the same.
- If you click an individual function flag, it moves to the detailed screen of the corresponding function flag.
- Active flags: Click the drop-down menu at the top left of the list to view the list of feature flags in use and the list of archived feature flags.
- Status: The integration status of the corresponding feature flag, and there are three statuses. The
eventmentioned allows you to know whether "the feature flag is on or off for a specific user".
- Traffic Allocation: This refers to the percentage of all users that encounter a feature that corresponds to the feature flag during the "on" state.
- Created: The date when the feature flag was created.
Below you can see an example of a list of all the archived feature flags.
Since this is a list of feature flags no longer in use, the integration status and traffic status are not visible.
You can create a feature flag by clicking the
+ Create a New Feature Flag button in the upper right corner.
Click the Create a New Feature Flag button and the following dialog will appear.
- The feature flag name must be entered. Please write in an easy-to-understand name that describes what the feature is.
- The description for the feature flag is an optional entry. If there is information that is difficult to express by name alone, it is recommended to include a description.
After entering all information and clicking the
Create button, the feature flag is immediately created and you will be redirected to the detail page of the feature flag you just created.
Updated about 1 year ago